Re: Emacs 23.2.94 pretest

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.2.94 pretest
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:11:21 +0000

Eli Zaretskii writes:

> Actually, it's "-gdwarf-2 -g3", and that's automatic unless explicitly
> disabled at configure time.
>
> Uday, you want to run nt/configure.bat with the --no-opt switch, then
> the build will be unoptimized.

Thanks, Eli.  I am not yet sure how this works.  If I run
  configure.bat --no-opt
in cmd shell, it says 'cp' is not a recognized command (even though
c:\mingw\bin is on the path).

If I run
  cmd /c configure.bat --no-opt
in msys shell, then it just enters a cmd subshell without apparently
doing anything.

If I do this without the --no-opt switch, then msys goes through
configure wihout a problem and the whole build goes through.

I suppose you want me to redo this with the --no-opt switch?  How do I
get around the difficulty of 'cp'?  I suppose something else needs to
go on the path?

Cheers,
Uday