Re: Emacs 23.2.94 pretest

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.2.94 pretest
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:27:44 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:01:40 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> There are only about six changes between .93 and .94 that are likely to
> create crashed where none previously existed.  If the crashes are
> frequent enough, I suggest reverting each of these to see what makes a
> difference.
>
> Are you using the binaries, or building Emacs from source?  If the
> latter, try individually reverting each of these in turn:
>
>   100470
>   100466
>   100459
>   100458
>   100444
>   100441

I doubt that any of these could be the reason, given the fact that
Emacs crashes even when Uday does nothing at all.  That is usually a
symptom of a crash in GC, and none of the revisions above seems to
have some relation to GC, unless I'm missing something.

Of course, it can never do any harm to try to take out these changes,
and see if the problem persists.