Re: "no process" gnus bug when moving messages from nnml to imap folder

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: "no process" gnus bug when moving messages from nnml to imap folder
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:42:51 -0800

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:39:31 -0800, Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here's what my *Messages* buffer says after one such connection drop,
> for example:

Another thing that may be useful is that the buffer-process problem
_only_ manifests when I try `B m' to move messages from one folder to
another.  If I type `g' in my *Groups* buffer to check for new messages,
a new connection is made to Gmail's imap server and messages are checked
successfully.  My *Messages* buffer then shows:

    Checking new news...
    Opening connection to imap.gmail.com via tls...
    Opening TLS connection to `imap.gmail.com'...
    Opening TLS connection with `gnutls-cli --insecure -p 993
imap.gmail.com'...failed
    Opening TLS connection with `gnutls-cli --insecure -p 993 imap.gmail.com
--protocols ssl3'...failed
    Opening TLS connection with `openssl s_client -connect imap.gmail.com:993
-no_ssl2 -ign_eof'...done
    Opening TLS connection to `imap.gmail.com'...done
    Reading active file via nnml...
    Opening nnml server...done
    Reading incoming mail from file...
    Wrote /home/gkeramidas/Mail/mail/freebsd/questions/12886
    nnml: Reading incoming mail (1 new)...done
    Reading active file via nnml...done
    nnimap read 0k [7 times]
    nnimap read 1k [5 times]
    nnimap read 2k [6 times]
    nnimap read 3k [2 times]
    nnimap read 4k [2 times]
    nnimap read 5k [7 times]
    nnimap read 6k [6 times]
    nnimap read 7k
    nnimap read 8k [2 times]
    nnimap read 9k [2 times]
    nnimap read 10k [8 times]
    nnimap read 11k [17 times]
    nnimap read 12k [3 times]
    nnimap read 13k [4 times]
    nnimap read 15k [8 times]
    nnimap read 16k [4 times]
    nnimap read 17k
    nnimap read 18k [2 times]
    nnimap read 19k [9 times]
    nnimap read 21k
    nnimap read 22k
    nnimap read 23k [9 times]
    nnimap read 24k [12 times]
    nnimap read 25k [7 times]
    nnimap read 26k [2 times]
    nnimap read 27k [2 times]
    nnimap read 28k [3 times]
    nnimap read 29k [10 times]
    nnimap read 30k [9 times]
    Reading active file via nndraft...done
    Checking new news...done
    Retrieving newsgroup: nnml:mail.INBOX...
    Fetching headers for nnml:mail.INBOX...done
    Scoring...done
    Scoring...done
    Generating summary...done
    No more unseen articles