Re: "no process" gnus bug when moving messages from nnml to imap folder

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: "no process" gnus bug when moving messages from nnml to imap folder
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:14:18 -0800

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> Sure.  It may not work to autodetect gmail.com with Google Apps, if
> those support the IMAP access, since they run under another domain name.
> Can someone knowledgeable about that comment?  If my suspicion is right,
> it would have to be a backend slot variable.

The greeting is

* OK Gimap ready for requests from 198.144.208.130 k9if2067598fax.47

so if we just match for "OK Gimap", then we should probably be safe.

I'm wondering whether to over-engineer this by adding a quirks mode
mechanism, or whether to just special-case this in the -request-accept
function, or, hm.

I'd really prefer that Gnus queried the user instead of the backend, but
Gnus knows absolutely nothing about this, so I guess it would make most
sense to just add a couple of if statements to nnimap-request-accept,
even though it's kinda uglyish.  From my viewpoint as a licenced Over
Engineer.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen