Re: gnulib strftime imported into Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gnulib strftime imported into Emacs
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:56:29 -0500

> Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:43:04 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
>
> I committed to the trunk the following, which migrates Emacs to use
> an up-to-date strftime.

I found one unfortunate problem with your commit: it seems that you
"bzr remove"d src/strftime.c and then "bzr add"ed lib/strftime.c.
This means that all the previous revision history of strftime.c in the
Emacs repository is now effectively lost.  I think the Right Way to do
this is "bzr mv" (since Bazaar tracks file renames as atomic
operations).

It may still be possible to recover the lost information, by
temporarily restoring the old src/strftime.c and then using "bzr mv"
to replace it with the gnulib version.  If someone knows how to do
that off-hand, please post the recipe.