Re: elpa.gnu.org repository sync with Emacs

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: elpa.gnu.org repository sync with Emacs
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:29:12 -0700

> But since the FSF-copyright assignment regime would still apply to
> ELPA, we'd wouldn't be able to accept big packages like auctex anyway?

If this is true and ELPA has the same strict copyright restrictions as
the Emacs core, then IMO we're losing a significant portion of the
benefit of ELPA.

There are many packages which will never secure sufficient copyright
permissions to be included into Emacs.  Such packages were previously
available through ELPA.  Where can these packages live now?

Would it make sense to setup a second ELPA repository for non-FSF
software?

Forgive me if this issue has already been settled in a previous
conversation which I've missed.

-- Eric