Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:18:19 +0800

 On 14/8/2010 3:48 PM, Uday S Reddy wrote:

But, you and I probably agree that allowing Win key as meta can solve many of these problems. That should be an available option on Emacs. So, if Yidong and Juanma can come back and tell us how to make that happen, we would have made some progress.

Lennart has had advice on how to make such progress in the past, but for some reason this topic always seems to degenerate into an argument that puts him off following through:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-emacs-windows/2007-10/msg00018.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-01/msg01574.html

Please lets drop the arguing for and against until we see what his patch actually does.