Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 00:50:10 +0200

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I guess an interesting part may be why clear_glyph_matrix failed. Do
> you think there is something interesting there?

Eh, sorry, my confusion. It is not clear_glyph_matrix that failed, of
course. I just meant the reason we came to that line in try_scrolling.
What lead to the condition

  w->cursor.vpos < 0

BTW, looking at the code there are a couple of places where
w->cursor.vpos is set to -1. I guess the tests are just for if it is <
0. Wouldn't it be better to set different negative values so it would
be easier to see where it failed? (That is normal error tracing.)