Frame ordering

From: David Reitter
Subject: Frame ordering
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:29:23 -0400

Currently, frames seem to be selected in order of their creation; deleting a
frame does not select the previously created frame, but the frame that was
created before it.  Many users (e.g., see below) find this annoying, and so do
I.

So, I've experimented with simply moving the frame to the end of Vframe_list in
do_switch_frame:

if (XINT (Flength (Vframe_list)) > 1)
    {
      Vframe_list = Fdelete (frame, Vframe_list);
      Vframe_list = nconc2 (Vframe_list, tem);
    }

However, this results in hangs in redisplay or in outright crashes, depending
on the variant of the above (sometimes in garbage collection).  What am I doing
wrong?

Begin forwarded message: