Re: Frame ordering

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Frame ordering
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:55:17 -0400

On Jun 11, 2010, at 9:22 AM, martin rudalics wrote:

> > So, I've experimented with simply moving the frame to the end of
> > Vframe_list in do_switch_frame:
>
> Why do you want to do this in do_switch_frame?

I thought that would be a good place where to record the selection of a
different frame.
(Of course, one should restrict it to cases where users select the frame (or
create one), rather than temporary selection of the frame through a program.)

> >       Vframe_list = nconc2 (Vframe_list, tem);
>
> What is tem and what is its cdr?

Ah sorry, I forgot to show this.  Here's what I meant.

  if (XINT (Flength (Vframe_list)) > 1)
    {
      Vframe_list = Fdelete (frame, Vframe_list);
      Vframe_list = nconc2 (Vframe_list, Fcons (frame, Qnil));
    }

and something equivalent like Fnreverse (Fcons (frame, Fnreverse
(Vframe_list)))  does the same and I'd like to understand why.