Re: unit test framework

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: unit test framework
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:56:51 +0100

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> Do you have a plan to include an elisp library for unit
>> testing in Emacs-24?
>
> It's not in the current plan, but I'm in favor of adding such
> a thing, yes.  I simply don't have the time and energy to delve much
> into it.
>
>> I've tried some and I'm using ert.el written by Christian M. Ohler.
>>      http://github.com/masatake/ert/blob/master/ert.el
>
> If other people can chime in on the various options and form
> a consensus, that would be wonderful.

I asked long ago for a comparision on EmacsWiki:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/UnitTesting

However there have not been any interest in that. If have cc:ed the
unit test framework authors, maybe they want to say something.

I am not sure which of them have signed papers:

  ert: Christian Ohler
  elunit: Phil Hagelberg
  elk-test: Nikolaj Schumacher
  etest: Phil Jackson