RE: face-remap.el patch to resize window

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: face-remap.el patch to resize window
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:15:26 -0700

> How 'bout Miles's suggestion to use your code but without a separate
> config var, using text-scale-mode-hook instead?  That would sound like
> a good idea to me.

(No reason given.) Why?

I mentioned some disadvantages to using a hook. No one has mentioned any
advantages. Pronouncing a judgment without giving any reasons is not helpful. Do
you expect to persuade people just because you declare something good/bad?

Anyway, as I said, if that's what it takes to get such a feature in Emacs,
please go for it.