Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen

From: René Kyllingstad
Subject: Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:11:45 -0100

* Tassilo Horn:
>  On Tuesday 19 August 2008 11:58:51 René Kyllingstad wrote:
>
>  Hi René,
>
> > What if you live in Emacs, and use the same config on many window
> > managers and platforms?  Then it's nice to configure it once in Emacs.
>
>  Ok, I see.  Then this command probably does what you and the OP want.
>
>  --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>  (defun toggle-frame-fullscreen ()
>    "Toggle the fullscreen status of the current frame."
>    (interactive)
>    (if (eq (frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen) 'fullboth)
>        (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen nil)
>      (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullboth)))

As the OP said, it isn't implemented as fullscreen on win32.

I didn't find a list of what frame-parameters are recognized, and which
values, but fullboth indicates to me that we're actually talking about
maximize, and the options are horizontal, vertical, both, in classic X11 VM
style.  This is AFAICT the ambiguity the OP was wanted to address.

How would you request maximize if fullboth is fullscreen?  A maximize frame
parameter?

-- René