Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:10:29 -0400

     I didn't need an expert for Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, or Vista.

It's an unfortunate fact that hardware developers cooperate with
Microsoft more than they cooperate with us.  I suspect that your
experience is the consequence of that.

What conclusion to derive from that depends on one's values.

If you care strongly about freedom, you could get angry at them for
aiding a company that does not respect our freedom, and you could
resolve not to let them push you into giving up your freedom.

On the other hand, if freedom is far down your list of priorities, you
could do whatever is easiest in the short term, even if that means
giving Microsoft total power over your computer.  In effect, you would
be letting Microsoft herd you wherever it wants.