Re: Fixed-pitch and variable-pitch faces

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Fixed-pitch and variable-pitch faces
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:56:18 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>> BTW, here's the aforementioned font, AurulentSansMono-Regular; I put it
>> in my ~/.fonts directory.
>
> Ah, I see.  It has just a part of iso-8859-1 chars.  I've
> just installed a fix to accept such a font.  Please try the
> latest code.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to help...

I updated to the current trunk, with your changes, and tried the
following to further isolate the environment emacs is running in:

   xrdb -remove
   cp -r ~/.fonts /tmp
   env - DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY HOME=/tmp src/emacs -Q &

then if I start a shell in the new emacs:

   sh-3.2$ fc-list 'Aurulent Sans Mono' file family
   /tmp/.fonts/AurulentSansMono-Regular.otf: Aurulent Sans Mono

but, if I try to change the family of the `default' face to Aurulent
Sans Mono, instead, emacs uses:

   -xos4-Terminus-normal-normal-normal-*-16-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1

(???)

Here's the entire environment, as printed inside that emacs shell:

   sh-3.2$ printenv
   TERM=dumb
   EMACS=t
   TERMCAP=
   COLUMNS=80
   PWD=/usr/local/build/emacs/devo
   SHLVL=1
   HOME=/tmp
   DISPLAY=:0.0
   INSIDE_EMACS=23.0.60.10,comint
   XAUTHORITY=/tmp/.gdmTL1FCU
   _=/usr/bin/printenv

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.