Re: pretest, devel and bug lists

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: pretest, devel and bug lists
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:32:34 -0400

    > 2. Whether the bug tracker should send mail to bug-gnu-emacs.
    >
    > That is the question I was talking about before. I think it should
    > NOT send any mail to bug-gnu-emacs, or to emacs-pretest-bug.

    The way bug-gnu-emacs works now, all of the messages which haven't
    come from the bug tracker get sent to the bug tracker first, which
    assigns new messages a bug number and modifies the headers
    accordingly. This first part can't really be changed and still have a
    functional bug tracker and a bug-gnu-emacs which works as it did
    previously.

I don't understand what that means, but I have a feeling you are not
talking about the same issue.  I am NOT talking about messages that
are actually sent to the list by users.  I am talking about the canned
messages that originate from the bug tracker.

    The only extraneous messages that the bug tracker sends (or at least,
    should be sending) to bug-gnu-emacs which wouldn't previously have
    been seen on that list are the control modification transcripts.

Perhaps those are the messages I am talking about.

What I am saying is that it SHOULD NOT send those messages to
emacs-devel or bug-gnu-emacs.  Never.  It should send them to a
separate list, which people can subscribe to if they are interested.

I am not talking about any other question.