Re: pretest, devel and bug lists

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: pretest, devel and bug lists
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:07:40 -0400

    What does that mean?  The thread generated by a bug report is presumably
    a mixture of technical discussion and admin related to the tracker.

That is exactly what I do not want.  I do not want to get all the
canned administrative messages, and I don't think anyone else does
either.

The person who reported a bug, and the persons who send commands to
the bug tracker about it, probably do want to get the administrative
messages about that bug.  But bug-gnu-emacs should not get them.

                                                                         How
    does someone following bug-gnu-emacs know that a bug report has been closed
    if he only sees part of the thread.

People usually send a message saying "Yes, that change fixed it."  You
would get the information that way, and you would not need the canned
message.

If he wants to see those messages, he can subscribe to a new list
where they are sent.  That is easy.