Re: 23.0.60; Crash in face_at_buffer_position

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Crash in face_at_buffer_position
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:31:19 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
I am not sure if this bug report is of any value. I believe it might have
something to do with that I have made some bad changes to
syntax-ppss.  Anyway, I did not expect Emacs to crash. Here is what I get
from the debugger:

You mean you've made some changes to syntax-ppss but no changes to the
C code?  Then it indeed shouldn't be the cause of the bug (tho it might
have triggered it, of course).

Yes.

The backtrace seems to be very, very long.

Most likely the SIGSEGV is nothing more than stack-overflow because of
"infinite" recursion and the bug is probably not in
face_at_buffer_position.

But how can I see where it is? The parameters to face_at_buffer_position looks strange. Maybe that is something useful?