Re: 23.0.60; Crash in face_at_buffer_position

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Crash in face_at_buffer_position
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:35:56 -0400

> I am not sure if this bug report is of any value. I believe it might have
> something to do with that I have made some bad changes to
> syntax-ppss.  Anyway, I did not expect Emacs to crash. Here is what I get
> from the debugger:

You mean you've made some changes to syntax-ppss but no changes to the
C code?  Then it indeed shouldn't be the cause of the bug (tho it might
have triggered it, of course).

> The backtrace seems to be very, very long.

Most likely the SIGSEGV is nothing more than stack-overflow because of
"infinite" recursion and the bug is probably not in
face_at_buffer_position.

        Stefan