Re: Cannot build the trunk since unicode (was: Feature request : Tab-com

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Cannot build the trunk since unicode (was: Feature request : Tab-completion for 'shell-comand')
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:24:45 -0400

    Is that because of the failure to dump you've talked about?

Yes.  I tracked it down to clobberage inside `write' which is called from
`unexec'.  I hope that Glibc developers will help me track it down.

    This is really strange.  You're using some kind of GNU/Linux
    distribution, right?  I haven't heard of any such problem on GNU/Linux.
    What's so different about your system?

I don't know.  The failure started at the time of the Unicode merge.