Re: Is there a plan to record kbd macro as elisp code?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Is there a plan to record kbd macro as elisp code?
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:48:54 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden wrote:

    Recording kbd macro as elisp code can be useful.

It certainly can be.  More than a dozen years ago an early
distribution of Calc mode did this.  Unfortunately, as far as I
remember, its functionality did no more than you have done.  Worse, it
vanished from my distribution a decade or so ago and by the time I
looked again, perhaps five years ago, it was gone.

Even the little bit you have done could be helpful.

Please write up what you have as an Emacs Lisp library that can be
loaded by `emacs -q', with a name such as
yzhh-define-elisp-interactively.el, and submit it.

Thank you!

(Jay Belanger: do you have really old copies of Calc mode, such as the
first that Dave Gillespie distributed?  I think that has the
capability, but I could be wrong.  It has been a very long time.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden