Re: isearch multiple buffers

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 02:01:34 +0200

Juri Linkov wrote:
Selecting the buffers to be searched is not a problem.  I think the
*Buffer List* is a good interface to select them.  The question is
how to start multi-buffer isearch.  Imagine that you've marked a list
of buffers in the *Buffer List*.  How to start multi-buffer isearch now?
Should C-s start multi-buffer isearch in marked files, or should C-s
still allow searching for the string in the *Buffer List* (this is useful
for searching buffer names in the *Buffer List*).

I believe most users would be surprised if C-s started multi-buffer isearch for the marked files. But it is still a good "mnemonic". Maybe ask the user if he/she wants to search the marked files?