Re: display-completion-list should not strip text properties

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: display-completion-list should not strip text properties
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 03:00:49 -0400

    Lack of imagination.  You are precluding the possibility that in 23
    years -- a duration that GNU Emacs has already existed -- sphinx or
    another voice-to-text program will become sufficiently good.

We don't need to make plans now for 23 years in the future.

I've already said we will not make a practice of putting graphics in
doc strings.  Please consider this decided.