Re: Suggestion for mouse-based cut/copy/yank

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Suggestion for mouse-based cut/copy/yank
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:32:35 +0200

>     > You can change this yourself, but I don't think we should change
>     > Emacs' normal behavior.
>
>     So it would be ok to provide this as an optional feature?
>
> I don't think it is useful enough to provide even as an option.
> However, I would change my mind about that if it gets support
> from several others.

At least in the immediate workflow of triple-click line, right-click
some other line (the highlighted area is line-based on both ends),
middle click a destination line, it would make sense to act
line-based: if the right mouse button is line-aligned for convenience,
doing the same with middle seems appropriate.

Whether to actually record something in the killring in that situation
rather than take the clue from the current situation like mouse-3
does, is the question.  Probably I'll first implement this based on
the mouse-3 code.