Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:26:17 +0200

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
I meant of course how they should know that EMACS_22_BASE exists. And
that this is what will be released.

Currently, they would have to read emacs-devel to know this. The pages
on savannah appear to be boilerplate that is the same across projects
(apart from the project name being substituted in several places), so it
may not be possible to put this information on the cvs page on savannah.
But it should go somewhere, perhaps the project description if we can't
change the cvs page.

But this requires someone to volunteer to keep that information up to
date as new branches are created, and old ones are merged back to the
trunk or die off. Currently savannah is just there by default, noone
actively maintains the information about Emacs.

Ok, I suspected something like that. Thanks for the clarification.

I think some remedy to this would be good.