Re: Pretest?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:33:54 +0900

>       getc, ungetc, fwrite, fclose,
>       getaddrinfo, freeaddrinfo

> They are not used in very many places.  Would you like to add
> BLOCK_INPUT for them?

Yes, but a couple of things are not clear to me:

  1. I think BLOCK_INPUT is not necessary when `noninteractive' is
     set.  Is that correct?

  2. getaddrinfo/freeaddrinfo are called with immediate_quit == 1.  We
     have to choose from either protecting them with BLOCK_INPUT or
     allowing quit during their executions, especially on the systems
     where SYSTEM_MALLOC is defined and thus emacs_blocked_malloc
     etc. cannot be used.

                                    YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden