Re: Pretest?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:39:32 +0900

RS> Do you get a useful backtrace this time?

> Sorry, I didn't mean I had a new lockup at that time. But as the
> problem has not yet been identified it is to be expected that
> another one will appear in a finite time.

In principle, that can happen.  As I said previously (*1), there are
still some library functions that may call malloc-related functions
internally but their calls are not pretected by BLOCK_INPUT:

    getc, ungetc, fwrite, fclose,
    getaddrinfo, freeaddrinfo

(*1) http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-01/msg00125.html

> However, yesterday I had another kind of lockup. I was trying to get
> new email (I use VM for reading mail) and my emacs completely
> hung. It wouldn't even react to C-g.

You cannot quit with C-g if inhibit-quit is non-nil (*2).  Can you
check the values of Vinhibit_quit and Qnil if you still have the
debugging session?

(*2) http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-pretest-bug/2006-06/msg00320.html

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden