Re: Mac - why no proxy badge for dired mode?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Mac - why no proxy badge for dired mode?
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:48:10 -0700

Sean O'Rourke wrote:
address@hidden (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
Ahh, actually, it seems to always represent *my* home directory.
So that's not working.  I should have tried more cases.

I've currently added

    (setq buffer-file-name dired-directory)

to dired-mode-hook, and that seems to do what you want.  Now to
see what it breaks...

I suspect the case where dired-directory is a wildcard spec or a list
will cause problems.  Would default-directory be a good fallback for
mac_update_proxy_icon to use, when buffer-file-name is nil?

,----

`----

--
Kevin