Re: address@hidden: Lingering input pending with motif menu bar]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Lingering input pending with motif menu bar]
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:53:17 -0400

    I've found a Lisp-level workaround --- by using `read-event' and
    `with-timeout', it's possible to catch just the events we are
    interested in (i.e., mouse clicks and keystrokes).  It took quite a
    long time to find something that works, though.

    If this is an acceptable solution, the Elisp manual node on "Waiting"
    could be updated to mention this hack.

If this is the right way to wait N seconds, we should make sit-for do
this, so that user programs don't have to use a complex work-around.

If this indeed works right, then I think putting this into sit-for
is a clear bug-fix.  Would you like to do it?