Re: gud.el bug + patch

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gud.el bug + patch
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:05:01 +1200

 >     >> `gud-last-frame' gets set to ("source /path/file.cc" . 19)
 >     >> I think this should be ("/path/file.cc" . 42).
 >
 >     Nick> Can you give a reproducible test case that gives the
 >     Nick> error above or this value for gud-last-frame?
 >
 > I found that having 'run' in .gdbinit triggers the problem; this
 > recipe should do it:

The mode works for you otherwise?

I can reproduce this bug.  The problem arises because the order of the initial
annotations is not what Emacs currently expects.  I should be able at least to
get M-x gdba to work under these conditions.  M-x gdb has the added
complication that it is used for both options "--fullname" and "--annotate=3"
and Emacs has to work out which has been invoked from the output.  Maybe at
some stage we can move the old behaviour (--fullname) out to another command
gud-gdb, say.