Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:47:11 +0900

On 2/10/06, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> Since there are two thumbnail packages in Emacs, it would be double
> effort to contribute to both.  What do you think about idea to move
> the basic things (like creation of thumbnail files to the same directory)
> to thumbs.el, and leaving in tumme.el only advanced functionality?

I think things are Not That Simple.  They are two separate packages,
you can't just easily mix and match the code like that.

I think the plan is basically to setup wrappers in tumme.el that
emulate the old thumbs interface and then get rid of thumbs.el.

So if you want to hack, do it on tumme.el.

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.