Re: savehist-mode: invalid-read-syntax "#"

From: Hrvoje Niksic
Subject: Re: savehist-mode: invalid-read-syntax "#"
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 23:26:26 +0100

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 04 2006, Reiner Steib wrote:
>
>> Maybe there should be a list (say `savehist-ignores-variables') which
>> should contain `command-history' (and maybe other variables).
>
> What about the following patch?  I will install it in Emacs CVS
> unless someone comes up with a better solution.

Are you sure that is a better idea than tracing the problem?  I use
Emacs 21, and I don't have `command-history' in
savehist-minibuffer-history-variables.  IMHO if a variable is not a
minibuffer history (i.e. a list of Lisp strings), it shouldn't end up
in minibuffer-history-variable.  If this is the case in CVS Emacs,
then the problem should be fixed rather than worked around.