Re: blink-cursor-mode under ttys

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: blink-cursor-mode under ttys
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:22:14 -0800

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > In my xterm, blink-cursor-mode doesn't work.
  > Looking at the code I don't see any not and indeed it can be made to work
  > by changing

Please don't do this, at least not without a lot of user
requests. Have we had any such requests?

Terminals can usually blink the cursor by themselves, if the user has
turned on blinking it won't be a good idea for emacs to blink the
cursor.

There was another discussion earlier this year where people stated
that they have problems with the blinking cursor on X, let's not
extend that problem to ttys too.

       --dan