Re: Let's shut down address@hidden

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Let's shut down address@hidden
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:49:57 -0500

> * Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden> [2005-12-11 17:57:03 -0500]:
>
>     In years past, I actually used gnu.emacs.bug a fair amount to
>     report bugs and submit feature requests.  If I were just getting
>     into Emacs now, I doubt I'd bother, given the state of this
>     newsgroup.
>
> I can see why you might hesitate to _read_ a list with a lot of spam,
> but why, rationally, would the amount of spam affect your decision to
> post to the list?  I don't see how it makes any difference.

A spam-only mailing list will not be read by a sensible person, as you
yourself concede, so why would a sensible person post to a list that is
not read by sensible people?

http://www.iris.org.il http://www.jihadwatch.org/ http://www.dhimmi.com/
http://pmw.org.il/ http://truepeace.org http://www.mideasttruth.com/
Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for a lifetime.