Re: Let's shut down address@hidden

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Let's shut down address@hidden
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:18:04 +0100

   >I did not know about your request.  I might want to take you up on it,
   >but first let's consider that automatic method.

   OK:  Here is my suggestion again:

   The sort of process I envisage would work something like this:
   (i) Mail arriving at the list goes through the (presumably already
   installed) automatic filter (Spamassassin?).
   (ii) Of what's left, anything from a known serious poster passes through.
   (iii) Anything which is a response to an existing article passes through.
   (iv) The rest stays in limbo for up to 24 hours; during that time, a
   moderator may accept it or reject it;
   (v) After 24 hours (moderator on holiday?) articles will get passed
   through to the list.

It looks good to me. Another thing we should act on is probably archives to
kick all these spams from history.

Xavier