RE: address@hidden: RE: weird defadvice bugwithbyte-compilation]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: address@hidden: RE: weird defadvice bugwithbyte-compilation]
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:40:10 -0800

        See my previous message - I already indicated that the
        menu-enable is testing a void variable. The question is
        why it is void.

    It is void because there is nothing in the code to set it.
    Why do you think it would NOT be void?

        There are a couple of questions involved (see my email),
        including how define-minor-mode works.

    What does this have to do with define-minor-mode?
    Your code does not use define-minor-mode.

Please see my previous emails, where I describe the original case (which
uses define-minor-mode). That may or may not be related to the crash, but it
is a question I have and perhaps a potential problem. There are additional
questions raised and problems mentioned in my previous emails on this.