Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:02:50 +0100

   From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
   In my experience, the biggest problem with Customize is that it is
   very difficult to find a user option, because of the sheer number of
   customization groups and options.  That's the main problem I had back
   when I was learning to use Emacs.  In fact, I found it easier to learn
   Emacs Lisp and write a .emacs file than to use Customize.

I second that even if with the help of apropos and describe-* functions,
customize is much more simpler to master.

I still prefer using Emacs lisp code directly in my .emacs though.

Xavier