Fontification in Gnus

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Fontification in Gnus
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:21:47 -0800

I just started using Gnus under CVS Emacs rather than Gnus 5.10 under
Emacs 21 and I'm noticing strange behavior with the fontification. When
I first visit a Gnus buffer, the fontification is correct for one second
and then it's like someone ran font-lock-mode behind the scenes.

If I make some change (like reading or marking a message in the
*Summary* buffer), the fontification of the message in the *Summary*
buffer is again correct for one second and then is undone.

emacs22 -q doesn't show this behavior, so it's somewhere in my
environment. I should be able to find it but haven't been able to
pinpoint it yet.

What concerns me is that there is a backwards incompatibility with my
settings. This should either be fixed or documented.

Has anyone else seen this?

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD