Re: Fontification in Gnus

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Fontification in Gnus
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:45:15 -0800

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 07 2005, Bill Wohler wrote:
>
> > I just started using Gnus under CVS Emacs rather than Gnus 5.10 under
> > Emacs 21 and I'm noticing strange behavior with the fontification.
>
> With CVS Emacs you're using the bundled Gnus 5.11, I guess.  With
> Emacs you're using some 5.10.x version.  Which version is it exactly?

With Emacs 21, I'm using the Debian Gnus package which is version
5.10.6-1.NO.20051020-1. Yes, with CVS Emacs I'm using the bundled Gnus
5.11 version.

I still haven't been able to figure this one out. Sometimes all Gnus
buffers are affected. Sometimes, like when I nuke the custom-set-faces
stanza, only the *Summary* buffer is affected, and sometimes not right
away.

Sometimes the fontification works fine for a while, but then I work in
some other buffers, and then the fontification goes away when I come
back. Because of this, it isn't a quick process finding the culprit.
When I do, I'll report back.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD