Re: 3 dots vanish at end of filled line

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: 3 dots vanish at end of filled line
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:57:05 -0400 (EDT)

   One idea that occurs to me is that you should write address@hidden',
   with a period in the argument.

Using Texinfo 4.8, that looks fine in *info*, but not in DVI as viewed
with xpdf.

In DVI, there is less space between the last two dots (dots two and
three of the ellipsis) than the period and the first dot of the
ellipsis and between dots one and two of the ellipsis.  (I did not
expect this!  It looks to me to be a side effect of the \hfil in the
@dots{} command from which @enddots{} is derived.)

In Texinfo.

    Without space, but with a period between braces, @@address@hidden@}, and
    some more words to push everything address@hidden  And then more
    words.

In Info:

    Without space, but with a period between braces, @enddots{.}, and
    some more words to push everything over.....  And then more words.

In DVI (except the width difference is less than shown here):

    Without space, but with a period between braces, @enddots{.}, and
    some more words to push everything over. . . ..  And then more words.

As is, M-e and M-a work successfully both with Texinfo and with Info.

Unless the bug with TeX output is fixed, the suggestion cannot be used.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8