Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: `xterm-mouse-mode' has a bogus Custom group
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:59:44 -0500 (CDT)

Nick Roberts wrote:

   I only enable xterm-mouse-mode in an xterm:

I enabled it through Custom, and I assume that is what most users who
want to set it are going to do.  I do not believe that there is a lot
of harm or inefficiency in that, since `xterm-mouse-mode' does nothing
if window-system is non-nil.  If you enable it through Custom, you get
the "Mouse" in the modeline, even under X.

   I've only found it helpful to have "Mouse" in the mode-line so I know it has
   actually loaded. If it is removed, might it make sense to conditionally load
   xt-mouse in startup.el to ensure its always loaded when needed?

`xterm-mouse-mode' has an autoload cookie.

Sincerely,

Luc.