Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:25:54 -0500

    Below is an alist of locales and tutorial titles extracted from first lines
    of etc/TUTORIAL* files to put onto the link to the corresponding tutorial
    depending on the current locale:

If we use that alist, we will have to maintain it every time
we add a new tutorial file.

So how about adopting a convention for these files so that Emacs could
automatically extract the string from the tutorial and show it?
We would have to modify the existing tutorial files, but afterwards
it would be easier to remember to do this in new tutorial files
than to remember to update the alist.