Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:05:30 +0900

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:49:55 +0100, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:
> three approaches come to mind:
>
> (a) title on first line in file, ending w/ fullstop (period);
> lastly, (a) is straightforward (less prone to botch-ups).  i do
> not like it for esthetic reasons only.  same thinking applies for
> any fixed-position approach.

I'm confused as to why you don't like (a)...

The current tutorial files don't have a title at all, they start with
a chatty sentence saying "This is the super friendly Emacs tutorial!"

I think it would be quite nice to just add a real title before that,
and use that for the description string; it wouldn't have the
maintenance problems (or the "adding yet more reams of cruft to etc"
problem) of the other approaches.

E.g, change them to start something like:

                     Emacs Tutorial

    This is the super friendly Emacs Tutorial!

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.