Re: weird region behavior

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: weird region behavior
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:13:09 -0400

> * Richard Stallman <address@hidden> [2004-06-16 12:58:22 -0400]:
>
>     > When I select a region with my mouse, it becomes yellow (as expected)
>     > and the content is saved in the kill-ring (again, as expected).
>     > If I now move the cursor with an arrow key, the yellow region does not
>     > disappear (as it did before) but is instead extended as I move the
>     > point (luckily, the content is not copied into the kill-ring), and some
>     > commands appear to be limited to the yellow region.
>
> I think this result was not intended.  Do these changes fix it?

yes, this patch restores the original behavior.

I suspect that you wanted the first command after selection to operate
on the region, right?  this does not happen (at least search is not
limited to the region).

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Do not worry about which side your bread is buttered on: you eat BOTH sides.