Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:13:02 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

   Before I visited one large file using Tramp-ssh, without problems.
   Then visiting a second large file got an "Invalid base64 data" error
   (just because it is the second file).  Tried again.  Crash.

   Now when I visit one file using Tramp-ssh, Emacs freezes.  In my
   personal Emacs, I can still quit with C-g because I put in calls to
   with-local-quit.  In CVS Emacs, this is an outright freeze.  My
   with-local-quits do not help very much, because it refreezes 0-5
   seconds later.

The situation I described above seems to have been due to a temporary
deterioration of my connection.  Everything is back as before now.
The crash still occurs, exactly as described above.  Kim's recent
change seems to have had no effect on the situation.

Sincerely,

Luc.