Re: cvs <-> arch mirroring scripts

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: cvs <-> arch mirroring scripts
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:47:51 +0530

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:23:23 -0400, "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden>
said:
>     If we decide to change, I'd rather that we change CVS, since many
>     users
>     (including myself) may not use CVS from within emacs all the time..
>
> Overall it would be cleaner to change CVS.  However, CVS is not a GNU
> package and I am not sure how its maintenance is going these days.
> Does anyone know?  We may find that the only way to get a change
> installed is to install it in Emacs.
>
> Could people design a spec for the change?  Then I will send it to
> bug-cvs.

 One feature I am looking for (and am quite sure there are many other
 users out there) is TUNNELING capability or access through firewall. It
 is not a enhancement to the behaviour of CVS but more a desired feature
 to allow people like me behind firewall.
 I have used ProxyTunnel to access CVS, but I would prefer CVS to handle
 it instead of me having to depend on another tool.

with regards,
dhruva
--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy