Re: info

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: info
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:08:50 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     Not an actual example, but an example I gave before with some newlines
>     removed.  Everything depends on the likelihood of such examples
>     occurring on practice.  Especially the missing newline before the
>     "Footnotes" line (the only problem) looks ugly to me.
>
> I agree, and I would say that is bad Texinfo style.
> It is possible that the Texinfo manual says so.

The "Footnotes" line is generated by makeinfo from the @footnote
directives in the Texinfo source.  So if it stands in the way of what RET
should do in marginal cases, we should change makeinfo to do what we want
(and take into account that until the new makeinfo unseats the older
versions, some manuals will cause Info to fail in these marginal cases).