Re: ruler-mode.el fix following whitespace cleanup

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ruler-mode.el fix following whitespace cleanup
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:21:33 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> I never use tabs in my files if I can avoid it (makefiles being the
> obvious exception :)

You mean, you have indent-tabs-mode set to nil?  Because if you do, any
reindentation you do on a block of code will change the whitespace there
to something that many developers (and the GNU standards, AFAIK) consider
as non-canonical whitespace usage.  This could mean another round of
gratuitous whitespace-only changes ;-)