Re: Emacs Lisp and Guile

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp and Guile
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:15:35 -0600 (MDT)

    > Perhaps critical sections could set a flag that tells SCM_TICK not
    > to really do anything.

    Yes, but then we would have to admit that we don't support true
    concurrent execution.

In Emacs we don't want to support true concurrent execution.  It is
useful for Guile to provide convenient constructs for use in
applications that do not support true concurrent execution.

Applications that want true concurrent execution should not use
those constructs; perhaps you would get an error if you use them
in an application that allows concurrent execution.