Re: More .cvsignore entries?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: More .cvsignore entries?
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:42:06 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> BTW, I'm mildly annoyed at the use of @copying since my texinfo
> burps on it saying it's an unknown command.  I'm using texinfo-4.1
> from RedHat-7.3 which is not ancient in my book.
> Until now, texinfo-4.0 was enough.

FWIW, I agree: it's not a good idea to require the latest Texinfo so
close to its release (although the CVS version is supposed to be ``not
for the faint of heart'').  I'd suggest to wait for at least the next
release, or for several more months, whichever comes first.

> Is @copying really important ?

I guess it's important for Richard, since he asked for that feature.
AFAIK, its importance is that it guarantees the copying conditions are
output in all formats supported by makeinfo, especially HTML (where until
now there was no copyright notice at all).